Friday, October 2, 2026

October 2, 2026

 I began writing a blog when we started our mission in England in January 2020. It has taken me through our covid shortened mission, our return home, covid, cancer, Tom’s treatments and passing, and then my own rebuilding. Rebuilding is not necessarily the right word, perhaps regrouping, to try to make sense of my life in order to move forward alone with some purpose, yet not really alone. My family provides me a loving base, Tom is never too far away and the Savior as always is the necessary Rock to provide meaning and stability. Six blog years have passed quickly but they have been full and meaningful.

We have experienced Temple closure since I last wrote. I still have this feeling that the Temple closure means I should take the free time to get many extra things done, when in fact I should be able get those extra things done when the Temple is open. I am no longer a part of the Temple functioning as I used to be, but I still have that Temple closure feeling, I did go into the Temple and worked on the large flower arrangement in the Celestial room to perk it up a little.  I think it has been bumped around a bit and Jane Komm has also done some rearranging. It looks better now. I have also been working on preparations for the Relief Society October 17 Temple Event. I got the invitations ready, met with Sharon and Tina to firm up plans. I also watched the movie “Seeking Persephone” instead of reading the book for Book Club which we held this week, as I was having trouble getting the book. I have been fall prepping the yard, getting the car serviced, the dog groomed, phoning ministering sisters and sisters that are ill in the ward. I drove Myrna Olson to the Stake Relief Society event on Saturday. She is so sweet and trying to prepare for her aging years. 

We have General Conference this weekend and Cindy, Paul and Sam are driving down right now to attend. I am looking forward to watching it here at home. Tom always loved Conference.

My friend Barb has still been going thru a hard time with her housing and financial needs. I am sure she will get things worked out. My heart goes out to her but I find her needs and emotions very draining. She did say she would like to come out here and move in with me and I said that would be a disaster and it would be, for her and for me. I will support as a friend but I worry when she looks at me as her solution. I cannot be and my children will not allow me to be. She has no real family support or friends in her life and it is very sad at this time in your life.

Life is colourful, wonderful and challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment